The final patch release in this series was Base-18.104.22.168, released on 14 September, 2018. Version 3.14.12 was the last release in the 3.14 series before new development was focused on the 3.15 series. Patch releases in the 3.14.12 series were provided to fix bugs and make minor changes to the functionality but did not add major new features.
The following documents cover EPICS Base version 3.14.12 and subsequent patch releases. Additional documentation can also be found in the documentation subdirectory of the distribution source code.
NOTE: These documents may be revised at any time without generation of a new source release. In particular the Known Problems page will be updated with patches for any serious bugs discovered after the final release date, up until the next version of the software is released.
- Release Checklist
- EPICS Application Developer’s Guide by Marty Kraimer et al.
- EPICS R3.14 Channel Access Reference Manual by Jeffrey O. Hill and Ralph Lange
- Converting R3.13 Applications to R3.14 by Janet Anderson
- Perl 5 Interface to Channel Access by Andrew Johnson
- Record Reference Manual by various. Wikified, please update!
All versions of EPICS Base are available to the public under an open source license. The sizes of the download files can be seen on the Base Download page. The compressed tar files linked below contain source code only (no binaries), the [signature] link points to a GPG signature of the tarfile.
- baseR3.14.12.tar.gz (24 November 2010)
- baseR22.214.171.124.tar.gz (26 April 2011)
- baseR126.96.36.199.tar.gz (12 December 2011)
- baseR188.8.131.52.tar.gz (17 December 2012)
- baseR184.108.40.206.tar.gz (16 December 2013)
- baseR220.127.116.11.tar.gz [signature] (24 March 2015)
- baseR18.104.22.168.tar.gz [signature] (9 December 2016)
- baseR22.214.171.124.tar.gz [signature] (15 December 2017)
- baseR126.96.36.199.tar.gz [signature] (14 September 2018)
Pre-release and Release Candidate Versions
- baseR3.14.12-pre1.tar.gz (8 October 2010)
- baseR3.14.12-pre2.tar.gz (27 October 2010)
- baseR3.14.12-rc1.tar.gz (15 November 2010)
- baseR188.8.131.52-rc1.tar.gz (19 April 2011)
- baseR184.108.40.206-pre1.tar.gz (14 November 2011)
- baseR220.127.116.11-rc1.tar.gz (28 November 2011)
- baseR18.104.22.168-pre1.tar.gz (19 November 2012)
- baseR22.214.171.124-rc1.tar.gz (3 December 2012)
- baseR126.96.36.199-pre1.tar.gz (20 November 2013)
- baseR188.8.131.52-rc1.tar.gz (2 December 2013)
- baseR184.108.40.206-pre1.tar.gz (25 February 2015)
- baseR220.127.116.11-rc1.tar.gz (9 March 2015)
- baseR18.104.22.168-pre1.tar.gz (20 October 2016)
- baseR22.214.171.124-rc1.tar.gz (31 October 2016)
- baseR126.96.36.199-rc1.tar.gz (8 December 2017)
- baseR188.8.131.52-rc1.tar.gz (19 July 2018)
A version of the SNL/Sequencer appropriate for R3.14.12 is available from the links below. Other hardware and software support modules may be found via the hardware support and soft support databases.
- State Notation Compiler/Sequencer (BESSY)
The earliest sequencer version that worked with this release of Base was 2.0.13 (2.0.14 for Windows), but the 2.1.x series or later is now recommended.