EPICS Codeathons provide concentrated time for EPICS code development to take place in an atmosphere where the main purpose is to write code. By taking developers out of their home environment they can be freed up from interruptions and local problems and allowed to concentrate on specific EPICS development tasks. A lab that is looking to both improve their EPICS expertise and to give something back to the collaboration might find this an appropriate way to do both at the same time.
The links below are to web sites created by the hosting organization for each particular meeting, or to an APS copy of the agenda and presentations if the hosting organization has taken down the original web site.
- 25-29 August 2014 at SLAC in Menlo Park, California
- 22-26 August 2011 at LBL in Berkeley, California
- 24-28th May 2010 at Diamond in Oxfordshire, UK
- 30th March to 3rd April 2009 at Brookhaven, New York
- 14-18 April 2008 at Argonne, Illinois
Questions about codeathons in general, including offers to hold one at your site, should be addressed to Andrew Johnson, who usually instigates them.